Bayshore Rescues Christmas
As Bayshore Fire Rescue prepares for the Christmas Season once again, we hope you’ll join our efforts to streamline and simplify the preparations for our annual Children’s Christmas.
Our Mission has always been, and remains to be, an effort to help those parents who would otherwise be unable to provide Christmas for their children, a means to share in the holiday without taking food from your table or further postponing important bills. We simply ask that you only sign up for our assistance if this describes your situation.
Effective for Christmas 2018:
- Only children age 10 and younger will be eligible for gifts.
- Each family must provide proof of residence in one of the following zip codes: 33903 and 33917.
- Each family will be eligible for help for no more than three years. If we have already helped your family for multiple years in the past, we hope you understand our situation.
- We ask that you sign up – during the month of November, no later, so we have time to provide and prepare for all we are able.
- While we understand that illnesses or other situations arise that affect your plans to attend the dinner, please do not sign up for the dinner if you do not plan on attending. Should your circumstance change that you are unable to attend, please provide adequate notice as we must plan for the number of guests attending. Likewise, please do not bring along extra guests that have not signed up. We are not prepared to provide gifts for children that were unexpected, and no one wants to see their disappointment when the other children get and they do not.
- The Christmas Dinner is scheduled for Thursday, December 13th. If you choose to attend you will need to bring a driver’s license or other ID and check in with us so we know who is present to pick up their gifts. The person who signs up as the parent must be present to pick up the gifts.
- If you are not attending the dinner with Santa, you will be sent an e-mail notifying you when your children’s gifts are ready. Please plan on picking them up on or before December 20 preferably Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 4:30pm. Our staff has their regular jobs to do and need their evenings to rest. You will need a Driver’s License or other form of Photo ID to pick up gifts, and your name must be on the registration form. We do not deliver gifts, nor are we able to help with other needs during the year. We do not provide funds to assist with rent or utility payments. We are simply a fire department trying to help parents provide Christmas for their children who would not otherwise receive gifts. Please respect our mission.
- By completing the registration form below you affirm that you have read and will comply by the terms above.